Full-time Pastor of Outreach and Implementation
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Start Date: July 6, 2020 (3-month probation)
Work Week: 40 hours from Sunday to Thursday. Some evening meetings will be necessary, but a week should not consist of more than two 12 hour days. It is expected that staff maintain a healthy rhythm of taking a Sabbath day each week.
The Pastor of Outreach and Implementation demonstrates strong faith, models dependence upon God, and is an individual who:
- Has administrative skills and will work collaboratively with the Lead Pastor and ministry leaders to implement strategic goals that help Glencairn fulfill its mission to invite people to join us in following Jesus
- Inspires and equips others to fulfill their mandate of making disciples who make disciples
- Loves people, cares deeply for the lost, and demonstrates an interest in the community
- Has a track record of leading people to Christ
- Community Outreach (35%): Promote and facilitate community engagement, developing a strong missional impulse in our church. Oversee and come alongside the various ministries that fall under our “Church on Mission” umbrella, which includes Bridges (Clothing & food distribution for people in need), Church in Community, and Global Missions. This can include equipping people to know how to have spiritual conversations with others and eventually lead them to Christ. It may include belonging to a community group, board or committee to assist our church to be more directly involved in the community.
- Strategic Implementation (30%): Working together with the lead pastor, develop and manage a plan to implement the goals and strategic priorities of the church. This includes working with our Office Administrator, other staff and ministry leaders to ensure we are making progress on our stated goals. It also includes working with the Lead Pastor to ensure Sunday services are creative, relevant, and that the details for transitions, announcements, and prayer are managed effectively.
- Stewardship and Communication (20%): Overseeing and giving support to the Finance team, guiding the ministry budgets to sync effectively with the church’s vision. Overseeing and strengthening internal and external church communication including e-newsletter, bulletin, social media, verbal announcements, church sign, etc. to ensure clear and consistent messaging that is in harmony with our church identity.
- Regular Duties (15%): Participation in weekly staff meetings, and monthly half days of prayer. Other duties include answering emails, phone calls, meeting with people in the church.
- Life of the Church (evenings and weekends): participating in a Life Group, hosting people in your home, and attending church-wide events.
- Participation in a Life group, and implementing the core vision into all you do
- Accountable to and evaluated by the Lead Pastor
- Theologically mature (Bachelor or higher in theological training)
- Heart for Outreach
- Strong administrative and leadership skills
- Effective communicator verbally and in writing
- Works well with teams of people inside and outside the church
- Proven track record in ministry
- Credentialed, or working towards credentialing with the MBs
How to ApplySend your resume and application through the Apply form on this page.
651 total views, 1 today