Part-time Pastor of Worship Ministries
Position: Pastor of Worship Ministries
Classification: Part-time (22 hours per week)
Date: Jan 1, 2020
We believe that worship celebrates who God is and all that he does, inviting us to respond with all that we have. We are looking for a part-time pastor who will lead our faith community in worship. The Pastor of Worship Ministries will oversee the worship ministry of our church, coordinating, mentoring, and leading volunteer worship teams for Sunday morning services and special events.
This position is part-time, beginning immediately.
We are also seeking a part-time Pastor of Youth Ministries and would gladly combine both positions into a single full-time position for the qualified individual.
We are a mature church of approximately 250 people. We are part of the Conference of BC Mennonite Brethren Churches, adhering to their Confession of Faith and maintaining strong Anabaptist values. We value community life and engagement with our local and global communities. At our core we have a strong commitment to community, egalitarianism, lay leadership, and seeing our world transformed by the good news of Jesus Christ.
If interested, please send resume to Ron Ratzlaff (moderator) at email@example.com.
1. Provide leadership to the worship ministry of the church.
2. Create an environment that encourages, nurtures, and supports the development of worship team members and musical talent.
3. Work collaboratively with pastors, worship teams, and other volunteers to lead weekly and special worship services.
4. Provide a balance in worship that respects the traditions of our older generation but connects meaningfully with young adults and young families.
5. Lead Sunday morning worship on a regular rotation (at least two times per month).
6. Work alongside sound and media volunteers to encourage and assist them in their task.
7. Remain accountable to the Lead Pastor and the Leadership Team, and adhere to the MB Confession of Faith and the Sardis Community Church Constitution.
1. Proficiency in music and worship leading.
2. Education and/or experience relating to worship leading.
3. Experience with sound, lighting, and media is an asset.
4. Ability to plan, organize, and administer in a volunteer context.
5. Ability to motivate, mentor, and equip worship team volunteers.
6. Ability to work collaboratively with pastoral staff, volunteers, and other church ministries.
7. Desire to relate to the people of SCC and to participate in the church’s communal life.
8. Good personal character, evidenced in trustworthiness, wisdom, compassion, generosity, humility, and a heart for people.
How to ApplyIf interested, please send resume to Ron Ratzlaff (moderator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
135 total views, 1 today