Title: Payroll & Benefits Clerk
Ministry: Human Resources
Location: Langley Head Office
Reports to: Payroll & Benefits Manager
Position: Permanent, full-time (40 hours per week);
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you have a keen eye for detail, a willingness to learn, a love for numbers and a strong desire to be part of that mission?
About the Team:
Human Resources is all about serving and equipping our staff and leaders so that they can focus on serving Jesus. We are an enthusiastic team that aims to provide professional excellence in payroll and benefits, recruitment, staff development and staff care. We handle all the payroll details so that our staff in the field sleep better at night.
The Payroll & Benefits Clerk will primarily be responsible to support accurate and timely payroll commits, as well as work on benefits administration. This is an exciting full-time opportunity for a high-capacity person to grow into the area of payroll and benefits while applying their skills serving the missionaries of Power to Change.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
1. All staff changes (including new hires and terminations) are processed in a timely and accurate way each pay period. This also includes ensuring the preparations for payroll commit are completed on time (stat pay, time punches, vacation entitlement updates, etc.) (50%)
2. Ministry leaders and staff are given excellent customer service by providing accurate payroll and benefits information. This includes but isn’t limited to enrolling staff in benefits, providing managers with hiring costs, etc. (35%)
3. Benefit bills are reconciled on schedule and other tasks and projects are completed with excellence. (10%)
4. Participate in Ministry (5%)
● Attend our Power to Change Chapel and HR Team Bible Studies
● Occasionally lead a short devotional or HR Team Bible Study
● Attend our Power to Change Day of Prayer (2x a year)
● You have a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
● You have completed post-secondary education
● You have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel
● You’re savvy with systems and databases (experience with Ceridian’s Dayforce HCM would be an asset)
● You’re extremely detail-oriented and can deliver accuracy in a timely manner
● You’re adaptable to move between the demand of regular tasks and new priorities
● You’re an effective problem solver aiming to provide solutions for our staff
● You’re an excellent communicator (oral & written) to help our staff navigate through payroll and benefits
What We Offer Our Staff:
– Competitive wages
– Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment
– Extended health and benefits
– Paid vacation
– Mentorship opportunities
– Weekly Chapel services
– Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
– Discounts at our Resource Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
How to Apply
or email Rachel.Janz@p2c.com for more information.
153 total views, 20 today