Full-time Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
As part of the expansion and reorganization of the CMU Finance Department, CMU is currently accepting applications for a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator.
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator, working closely with the Director of Human Resources, is responsible for payroll processing and related payroll functions for faculty, staff, and students employed on campus. Benefits coordination includes accurate benefits administration along with communicating directly with salaried faculty and staff regarding benefits coverage and payroll deductions. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude and an enthusiasm for payroll and enjoy the challenges of reconciliations, payroll, problem solving, spreadsheets, and financial reporting.
Payroll and Benefits
- Semimonthly payroll processing for faculty, staff, and students employed by CMU
- Work with the Payroll System Replacement Team to determine payroll requirements, departmental requirements and the implementation of an updated payroll system. This function will continue to develop and influence the scope of this position. Other responsibilities on the payroll system conversion may be added or changed upon consultation with the incumbent and the Director of Human Resources.
- Communicate directly to employees regarding changes to payroll information and benefit changes
- Maintain complete and accurate records and filing system for payroll documents
- Create documents for payroll functions and develop proactive solutions and documentation regarding payroll analysis and accounting processes
- Capable of managing a high volume of documents within tight deadlines
- Maintain, reconcile and update employee salary and benefit records, ensure the payroll is reconciled to the salary budget on a semi-monthly basis
- Maintain accurate and up to date attendance/ vacation accrual records and respond directly and provide guidance and support directly to inquiries from supervisors and employees regarding vacation and sick time
- Maintain confidential employee data files as it pertains to all active employees, new hires, terminations, salaries, leave of absences etc.
- Complete month end and year end payroll related reporting and reconciliations
- Perform reconciliations and file remittances to Workers Compensation Board and Manitoba Payroll Tax and employee benefits
- Onboarding of new employees for payroll, benefits, and provide links to policies and required training
- Offboarding of employees in regard to payroll, benefits, pension, Record of Employment and final payroll adjustments
- Assist the Director of HR with a variety of projects related to Payroll and legislative requirements
- Compile institutional and statistical reports as required internally and as required for Statistics Canada
- Provide administrative support to Human Resources, including confidential filing
- A commitment to the Christian church and CMU’s mission, purposes and programs
- An accounting diploma or a combination of education and experience
- Member of the Canadian Payroll Association and completion of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) would be an asset
- Understanding and experience with Ceridian or comparable payroll system, along with good judgment and problem-solving skills within a broad spectrum of payroll functions and issues
- Strong understanding of Manitoba Employment Standards, and/or practical exposure/education of pension and benefits
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- You have strong and clear written and oral communication skills and have a service-oriented mentality who enjoys building strong and trusting relationships with others
- Microsoft Office Suite skills, primarily Excel
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204.594.0532 or email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until this position is filled; applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Applicants should email a resume (PDF or Word document), a cover letter, and the names of three references, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Director of Human Resources, Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd., Winnipeg, MB, R3P 2N2.
136 total views, 3 today