Full-time Product Marketing Manager
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a full-time Product Marketing Manager position. MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the work so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.
The Marketing Department exists to offer supporters opportunities to participate in meaningful ways with MEDA’s mission – to help them grow in their philanthropy and effectively express and transmit their philanthropic values to their next generation and the world in need. The Department strives to understand the philanthropic interests of supporters in order to most effectively create, communicate and deliver engagement opportunities. For our private donors and members these are ways that they can be faithful in their daily work by volunteering their time, talent and treasure to support MEDA’s mission. Marketing fulfils two additional key purposes, to facilitate MEDA internal communications and to support International Operations in their communications to institutional and government donors. In particular as it relates to communicating with institutional/government donors, Marketing supports positioning through on-line and printed communications and the packaging and presentation of key papers, reports and proposals.
The Product Marketing Manager will work with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of a high quality, high impact marketing product in a timely and cost-effective manner. They are responsible for ensuring that messaging addresses key target market personas and that the donor experience is seamless and convenient, integrating across multiple platforms and media. Responsibilities include raising income from the foundation of our donor pyramid from products including: direct mail appeals, bequests and the Gift Solutions Catalog. Objectives are to: enhance and protect MEDA’s brand; expand MEDA’s reach and visibility; and provide supporters with high impact resources that enable them to grow in understanding, support and enthusiasm for MEDA’s work. This position will be based in Waterloo, Ontario with an ideal start date of December 2018.
Project Marketing and Strategies (70%)
- Contribute between $800,000 and $1,000,000 annual income from the foundation of the donor pyramid:
– Quarterly direct mail appeals
– Annual Gift Solutions catalog
– Monthly giving – grow number of monthly donors by 25% to 175 donors
– Grow total number of donors, and giving under $500 per year by 9%, increase multi-year retention to 75%
- Bequests: intention identification and stewardship of at least 50 additional donors per year with MEDA in their will
- Provide support to Associate Development Officers addressing the middle donor market
- Ensure that product delivery is complete and addresses the full donor giving cycle and full product life cycle
- Develop complete product strategy: target personas, positioning, promotional strategy, collateral/media tactics (direct mail, online etc.), ask levels
- Review, track product performance and adjust strategy/tactics as necessary
Personas Development and Analysis (30%)
- View all marketing deliverables and communications through the lens of both of our key target personas to ensure their experience is meaningful, seamless and convenient, integrating across multiple platforms and media
- Identify and champion new or changed modes of engagement including products
- Administer annual donor engagement and broader market research, analyze and report on results including recommendations for action and follow-up
- Collaborate with Constituent Engagement team and Marketplace Editor to optimize messaging and positioning with our target personas
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned.
University degree, ideally Masters, in product marketing, marketing or a related field
- Proven track record of (5) years of senior level work experience in product marketing
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision and values
- Advanced writing, editing and communications skills
- Skilled in product management practices
- Awareness of current marketing and electronic communication trends
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including message development
- Successful track record in persona development and marketingUnderstanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Familiarity with MEDA’s individual and government constituencies, including: bi- and multi- lateral government agencies, individual, institutional, financial donors, non-governmental organizations and other development agencies
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
How to ApplyPlease apply online by visiting https://www.meda.org/careers
165 total views, 2 today