Part-time Program Assistant
The planning, learning and disaster response (PLDR) department is responsible to facilitate and coordinate the best practices and learning across MCC’s program. The department provides support in project funding and planning, monitoring and evaluation, including disaster responses. The program assistant assists with the administrative needs of the department with a particular focus on coordinating project management with Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB). The position also serves as the primary assistant to the co-director for disaster response.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• 3 years of experience in administrative role
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Flexible working style that can adapt and prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands
• Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Efficient, dependable and persistent in following through on tasks
• Proficient in the use of information technology software (Microsoft Office); strong Excel skills required
• Basic knowledge of accounting is desirable
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Basic understanding and interest in disaster relief, sustainable community development, justice and peacebuilding.
This position requires the person to frequently work closely as a team and to communicate with all PLDR staff
both in Akron and Winnipeg as well as regular communication with CFGB staff, Area Directors and
Representatives. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required on a daily basis to share
information with staff within the department and to represent PLDR work to constituents and other
organizations as requested. Must also be able to meet and greet visitors and guests in a pleasant and
No supervisory responsibilities.
Takes initiative to complete tasks and problem solve as appropriate. Communicates with a variety of external
and internal contacts and departments to represent PLDR. Ability to multi-task and anticipate the needs of the
department, especially during major disasters and annual planning and reporting times
The ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously under minimal supervision is required. The job
requires significant multi-tasking, organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
Considerable discretion and judgment is needed to respond to questions or direct others for information during
the co-director’s absence from the office. At times the job requires non-routine hours, particularly around major
Reliable tracking of project information, particularly related to CFGB that is used by Reps, Area Directors and
PLDR coordinators. The co-director will be able to more quickly respond to inquiries and prioritize tasks.
Management of CFGB processes – 50%
Administrative assistance to the director and department – 50%
How to ApplyTo learn more about the Program Assistant Position please visit the link: https://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/program-assistant-1
51 total views, 1 today