Full-time Records Manager and Archivist
As Records Manager, this person is responsible for MCC’s centralized filing system, archives, and memorabilia together with MCC U.S. Records Manager in Akron, PA.
Records Management consists of a centralized filing system, archives, and memorabilia. The purpose of Records Management is to organize all present and past records, correspondence, data, etc. in a systematic way ensuring ease of recall and historic preservation. The Records Manager is responsible to the Associate Director of Operations.
This position requires the incumbent to live out embrace the Christian Faith foundation of MCC; ensuring the Christian ethos and Principles and Practices of MCC permeates their work and relationships. The incumbent will live out their faith by serving others and advancing the mission of MCC as they relate to staff, constituents, donors and others.
This position is available on a salaried basis. Application deadline is October 26, 2020.
• Education and experience working in Archival Studies, Information Science, Records Management, or related fields
• Knowledge of the accepted standards and best practices of the records management and archival professions
• Familiarity with information systems and archival procedures
• Awareness of data protection and freedom of information and protection of privacy legislation
• Project management skills an asset
• Knowledge of MCC programs and constituent agencies preferred
• Ability to prioritize and implement archival and records management strategies, processes, and procedures
• Ability to balance best practice with organizational needs
• Proven problem-solving and analytical skills within a recordkeeping program, including the ability to analyze complex issues and develop practical solutions
• Commitment to keeping abreast of developments relating to technology, best practices and standards in archival and records management fields
• Commitment to the historical importance and preservation of information
How to Applyhttps://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/records-manager-archivist
92 total views, 1 today