Carey Theological College is located within the bustling academic setting of UBC’s scenic Vancouver campus. We are a small, innovative Christian college in the midst of an exciting time of growth. In addition to providing a Christian residence for UBC undergraduate students, we offer graduate theological education in Canada and around the world. Our primary mode of delivery is online.
We are searching for the right candidate to serve as our Registrar. As the Registrar, you will have the following skills to hit the ground running and become a key member of Carey’s team
- undergraduate degree (preferred)
- five years academic administrative experience
- familiarity with student information systems such as Populi
- familiarity with learning management systems such as Canvas
- problem solving ability
- attention to detail
- ability to manage and interpret data
- working knowledge of Carey’s academic programs and academic catalogue
With these skills, we’ll be looking to you to:
- Produce, collect, and manage all data relating to student academic status
- Provide weekly reports to Academic Dean, and as requested
- Monitor end-of-term faculty grade submissions
- Respond promptly to all student inquiries by email, telephone, or in person
- Receive and process all requests for extensions of coursework
- In consultation with Academic Dean, assess all official transcripts for possible advanced standing/credit (report same to Academic Dean and students)
- Provide official Carey transcripts upon request
- Make local arrangements for face-to-face doctoral defenses
- Assign classrooms where needed
- Monitor equipment needs for faculty and events
- Provide data to meet accreditation requirements and submit to Academic Dean
- Report completion of adjunct courses to Financial Services for faculty reimbursement
- Attend Academic Affairs Group meetings (AAG)
- Provide roster of graduands each Spring
- Arrange for degrees, diplomas to be prepared
- Arrange details for faculty, platform participants at graduation
- Arrange for academic prizes and awards to be prepared
- Staff and report student financial aid committee decisions
- Attend local and web registrar-related professional development events
- Coordinate with Public Relations appropriate announcements of courses
We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated past experience in student services. You’re ready for this position because you are a quick learner and can solve problems with minimal guidance. With support from the Academic Dean and your colleagues, you’re able to understand the big picture and work the details and relationships to get the job done.
Of utmost importance is having a heart to serve with humility. You are not afraid to admit you don’t know something but are also resourceful enough to find the answer. You present yourself professionally and know how to work well with people from varied backgrounds. You are able to bring tasks to full completion and understand the importance of accuracy.
On top of your salary and vacation, a comprehensive benefits package after three months of employment includes:
- 6% matched contribution pension plan;
- extended dental and health benefits;
- life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance;
- on-campus parking discounts;
- meal discounts;
- tuition support for Carey courses; and
- professional development allowances.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide three letters of reference: professional, pastoral and general.
How to ApplyIf interested, please send a resume with salary expectations and one specific work example (1/2 page) describing project you completed related to student services (i.e. describe the goals of the project, the specific steps you took to complete it and what were the quantitative and qualitative results) to email@example.com. Please also indicate your interest in working for a Christian theological college. Please place “Registrar” in the subject line.
143 total views, 21 today