Full-time Research Associate
The Planning, Learning and Disaster Response (PLDR) department is responsible for facilitating and coordinating best practices and learning across MCC’s program as well as allocation internal and external funding. The department provides support in project funding and in planning, monitoring and evaluation. The Research Associate assists with the administrative and research needs of the department.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in the field of international development.
• Understanding and respect for MCC workers and constituency both in the national and international settings.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing tasks.
• Ability to take initiative and responsibility to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical and research skills.
• Ability to synthesize complex information in written form.
• Knowledge and interest in issues of disaster relief, sustainable community development, justice and peacebuilding.
• Experience with project management is an asset.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Personable manner, in person and on the telephone. Good relational skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills with good attention to detail.
• Ability to follow and implement in office procedures.
• Strong oral and written use of the English language.
• Efficient, dependable and persistent to follow through on tasks.
This position requires the person to work closely as a team and to communicate frequently with all PLDR staff as well as MCC Reps, Area Directors and a variety of communications and donor relations staff across the MCC system. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required on a daily basis to share information with staff within the department and to represent PLDR work to constituents and other organizations as requested.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Takes initiative to complete tasks and problem solve as appropriate. Communicates with a variety of external and internal contacts and departments to represent the PLDR department. Ability to multi-task and anticipate the needs of the department, especially during major disasters.
The ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously under minimal supervision is required. The job requires significant multi-tasking and the ability to work under pressure.
This position primarily serves the administrative and research needs of the Planning, Learning and Disaster Response department.
Research Associate – 60%
• End of year output and outcome data collection and analysis – 15%
• Assist in research and data collection for external grant applications and program reporting – 10%
• Research and development of best practice resources – 15%
• Assist coordinators with project review and analysis – 5%
• Information sharing with communications and donor relations – 15%
Administrative Assistant – 40%
• Support program database users – 10%
• Management of project information and project management charts for disaster restricted funds – 10%
• Assist in management of Growing Hope Globally (GHG) account – 5%
• Manage external consultant database – 5%
• Administrative tasks for the department – 10%
How to Applyhttps://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/research-associate
70 total views, 4 today