Temporary Sam’s Place Food Services Manager Assistant –
This position is only available to individuals aged 15 to 29, who are living in Manitoba, are legally entitled
to work in Canada, and have a valid Social Insurance Number. If 15 years of age, must have have a
Young Worker Readiness Certificate. This position is funded by Manitoba Green Team and is dependent
on Sam’s Place receiving said funds.
Sam’s Place is seeking a mature, responsible, and hardworking individual to assist our Food Services Manager for the summer as part of the Manitoba Urban/Hometown Green Team Program. This is a 10-week term position.
Sam’s Place is a café, used bookstore and music venue in the Chalmers/Elmwood neighborhood. Sam’s Place is a social enterprise that is owned by Mennonite Central Committee Manitoba. It runs a Youth and Young Adult Employable Skills Program that provides opportunity for youth and young adults, often facing barriers, to develop employable skills and gain experience for their future in the work force.
The Food Services Manager Assistant would aid the Food Services Manager in the operation of the Sam’s Place kitchen. They would provide support in making breads, pastries, soups, fillings, and spreads from scratch. They would also prepare food portions for the line. The FSM Assistant will run the kitchen line when necessary, fulfilling customer orders. The FSM Assistant will also maintain cleanliness and
organization in both the kitchen and back of house/pantry. They will also provide training and supervising to kitchen volunteers and will be in charge of the kitchen when the Food Services Manager is away.
The Food Services Manager Assistant will be required to work 30 hours a week, typically on Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. They may also work outside of café hours to fulfill catering orders.
All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship;
active participation in a local church or Christian community; and biblical nonviolent peacemaking.
• Must be between 15 and 29 years of age.
• Must be available 30 hours a week between Monday to Friday until end of contract.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Kitchen/Food Services experience essential.
• Experience working in a commercial kitchen, with commercial grade equipment.
• Experience working in a team dynamic with a variety of different personalities/working styles.
• Effective time management and administrative skills.
• Experience running a kitchen line an asset.
• Experience working with pastry an asset.
• Experience working in a volunteer team an asset.
• Food Handler’s Certificate an asset.
How to Applyhttps://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/sams-place-food-services-manager-assistant
104 total views, 1 today