Full-time Seminary Dean
Horizon College & Seminary invites applications for a full-time Seminary Dean who will further develop the seminary while serving as a member of the undergraduate teaching faculty. The appointment will begin July 1, 2019 and is subject to budgetary approval.
Horizon College & Seminary offers graduate-level courses in partnership with Providence Theological Seminary (since 2007) and the Saskatoon Theological Union (since 1972). Horizon is also Canada’s first and only theological college offering Competency-Based Education at the undergraduate level. Located in Saskatoon, one of Canada’s fastest growing cities, Horizon College & Seminary is entering into multi-denominational partnerships. Anticipating growth, Horizon is moving into a new building in Saskatoon in 2020.
The successful candidate will have:
- by the fall semester of 2019, completed a doctoral degree in a relevant area.
- a strong commitment to the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada’s statement of faith.
- demonstrated spiritual maturity.
- demonstrated commitment to a local church.
Additionally, the ideal candidate might have:
- experience teaching in a Christian college and seminary, including with online teaching.
- ministry experience in a local church.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the institution’s mission of advancing God’s Kingdom by preparing competent Christian leaders for Spirit-empowered life and ministry.
- Obtain or maintain or active ministerial credentials with an evangelical Christian denomination, such as the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada, the Christian and Missionary Alliance, the Church of God in Canada, or the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.
- Serve as the Seminary Dean by further developing the seminary’s programs, by providing academic advising to seminary students, and by giving oversight to the seminary’s adjunct faculty.
- Teach up to a total of four courses per year, including up to one course off-campus, outside of Saskatoon.
- Engage in ongoing professional and scholarly development.
- Abide by the Horizon College & Seminary code of conduct.
- Regularly attend and maintain membership in a local church.
- Participate in weekly college chapels.
- Disciple students, potentially by leading a weekly student Life Group meeting.
- Participate in regular faculty, staff, and other committee meetings.
- Represent Horizon in constituency churches and denominational events periodically throughout the year.
How to ApplyTo apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Statement of Teaching Preparation (up to one page): Identify your two preferred areas of teaching (Bible, pastoral ministry and leadership, church history, theology, or general studies) and what preparation you have, by academic training and experience, to teach in the specific areas you have identified.
- Personal Faith Testimony (up to one page): Summarize your journey to faith and your faith development.
- Statement of Ministry Experience (up to one page): Summarize your history of ministry experience in paragraph form, noting any denominational ministry credentials you have.
- Statement of Theological Positions (up to one page): Explain your personal views regarding marriage, women in ministry leadership, and charismatic gifts in the church.
- Evidence of post-secondary teaching effectiveness, if available, such as recorded class lectures, previously used syllabi, course evaluations, or faculty evaluations.
- Sample of published scholarship, if available.
- Unofficial copies of all graduate academic transcripts.
- Reference information: Note the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three or four references who will submit reference letters directly to Horizon. Two references should be pastoral references and at least one should be academic. References should speak to the applicant’s character, spiritual maturity, commitment to a local church, and suitability for serving as a Seminary Dean and for teaching at a Christian leadership college. Applicants should request the references to email their letters to the attention of Dr. Andrew Gabriel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
84 total views, 3 today