Full-time Sr. Communications Manager
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a full-time Sr. Communications Manager position. MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the work so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.
The Marketing Department exists to offer supporters opportunities to participate in meaningful ways with MEDA’s mission – to help them grow in their philanthropy and effectively express and transmit their philanthropic values to their next generation and the world in need. The Department strives to understand the philanthropic interests of supporters in order to most effectively create, communicate and deliver engagement opportunities. For our private donors and members these are ways that they can be faithful in their daily work by volunteering their time, talent and treasure to support MEDA’s mission. Marketing fulfils two additional key purposes, to facilitate MEDA internal communications and to support International Operations in their communications to institutional and government donors. In particular as it relates to communicating with institutional/government donors, Marketing supports positioning through on-line and printed communications and the packaging and presentation of key papers, reports and proposals.
The Sr. Communications Manager leads their team in meeting this purpose by developing communication pieces in a variety of media to persuasively convey MEDA’s purpose and mission while inviting engagement. The creative communications team exists as a valuable resource and trusted partner to the other teams within marketing. Objectives are to: enhance and protect MEDA’s brand; expand MEDA’s reach and visibility; and provide supporters with high impact resources that enable them to grow in understanding, support and enthusiasm for MEDA’s work. This position will be based in Waterloo, Ontario with an ideal start date of December 2018.
Communications Strategy (10%)
- Define, develop and implement communication plan to support the corporate-wide strategic marketing themes
- Recommend the annual slate of quarterly marketing themes
Project and Creative Team Management (30%)
- Marketing Task Request (MTR) management
- Ensure MTRs are reviewed, prioritized, assigned, tracked and responded to
- Manage agencies and free-lancer providers to secure specialized skills and capacity for peak workloads
- For more complex MTRs requiring multi-disciplinary support oversee the project
- Staff management of the entire creative team
Editing/Writing and Content Development (30%)
- Annual report, quarterly direct mail appeals, Gift Solutions Catalog:
– Content, appeals, promotional pieces, reminders, teasers etc
- Donor proposals, stewardship reports
- Advertisements, promotional material: Convention, Job placements, Donor Vision Tours
- Web content
- Develop news release copy, and distribute to Mennonite and other select media outlets
- Video scripts: Year in review, MEDA moments for Convention
- Content as required to deliver pieces requested through Marketing Task Request
- Proofread Marketplace
Social Media Management and Content Support (15%)
- LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, MEDAzine, Blog posts
- Increase social media engagement 25% year over year
Website Management (15%)
- Increase on-line giving 9% year over year
- Increase web traffic 9% year over year
- Ensure website remains engaging, content is fresh, user experience is seamless and easy to use
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned.
University degree, ideally Masters, in business and creative communications, media relations, journalism or related field
- Proven track record of (5) years of senior level work and both people and project management; experience in creative communications, media relations and business reporting writing and editing
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision and values
- Project management skills
- Contract management experience
- Team leadership and organization skills
- Advanced writing, editing and communication skills
- Awareness of current marketing and digital communication trends
- Judgement and creativity in acquisition, development and assessment of media sources
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Familiarity with MEDA’s individual and government constituencies, including: bi- and multi- lateral government agencies, individual, institutional, financial donors, non-governmental organizations and other development agencies
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
How to ApplyPlease apply online by visiting https://www.meda.org/careers.
231 total views, 1 today