Full-time Sr. Manager, Business Development
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a full-time Sr. Manager, Business Development position. MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the work so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.
The Sr. Manager, Business Development (BD) supports MEDA’s new business development work globally. This role will contribute to the building of new partnerships and opportunities, and acquisition of funding contracts for MEDA’s programming. The Sr. Manager, BD will work closely with Regional and Technical teams under the guidance of the VP Partnerships & Innovation. The Sr. Manager, BD will also be involved in helping to set up and advance needed business development infrastructure, systems and resources to enable others to participate fully in the business development process. This position will be based in Waterloo, Ontario with an ideal start date of November 2018.
New Partnership Opportunities and Contract Acquisition (60%)
- Contribute to the development of new partnership opportunities for business development (BD), particularly with contractors to major donors, having direct and indirect contribution to generation of new revenue (goals set annually)
- Participate in networking and fundraising from institutional donors, including leading or supporting scoping missions and proposal preparation/submission (goals set annually)
- Submitted proposals will have a targeted success rate (goals set annually)
- Create timely reports and utilize Dynamics CRM to capture information on new leads and opportunities for MEDA.
Liaison with other MEDA Teams for Improved Communication and Systems (15%)
- Engage with other MEDA teams as needed and participate in regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings with other departments.
- Be involved in advancing the underlying systems that support BD including SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, and other applications as needed.
Support and Knowledge Development (15%)
- As required and discussed with the VP, provide BD support to the BD Manager and coordinators.
- From a BD perspective, contribute to technical knowledge and positioning, and advance own experience and expertise in all MEDA’s technical areas.
Technical Materials and Promotion (10%)
- Contribute to upgrading of MEDA’s technical materials on a regular basis including briefs, brochures and website
- Participate in promotional activities including blogs, articles, presentations, workshops etc.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned.
Graduate level degree in applicable area of expertise is preferred, this may include an MBA, a Masters in Business Administration, International Economic Development, or related field
- Proven track record of at least five (5) years of business development experience
- Expertise in one of more of MEDA’s technical areas – investment, inclusive finance, market systems (sector development), or vulnerable populations – with knowledge or willingness to gain competence in other areas for business development purposes
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Willingness to undertake extensive international travel (up to 100 days annually) to all regions (Africa, Middle East, South Asia, Southeast Asia/Pacific, Latin America/Caribbean, Eastern Europe/Central Asia)
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or French is an asset
- Excellent skills in relationship management, including building relationships, networking and presentation, negotiation and interpersonal communication
- Strong writing skills
- A passion for a fast-paced environment with multi-tasking, networking and entrepreneurial expectations
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
How to ApplyPlease apply online by visiting https://www.meda.org/careers.
45 total views, 1 today