Part-time Story Studio Coordinator
Story Studio Coordinator Job Description (1 Year Term)
The Story Studio Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and facilitating storytelling sessions in the Story Studio. The successful candidate must have experience in audio and video recording and editing. Must be passionate about storytelling and different artistic expressions. Experience in storytelling and interviewing is an asset. The Story Studio Coordinator is a half-time, 1 year term position beginning March 2020 and ending March 2021 and will be accountable to the Director of Programming.
- Recording & Editing
- Facilitate and carry out recording sessions in a professional manner.
- Edit recorded audio/video as needed and in a timely manner. ie: Testimonies, music, podcasts, etc.
- Set up studio in advance of pre-booked recording sessions
- Save and share recorded content as necessary and as directed by the storyteller (ie: sending the storyteller a USB drive with their recorded content, uploading video to public or private YouTube playlists, passing along raw content to storyteller for them to edit as requested, etc)
- Manage Story Studio schedule, scheduling times for other ministries to come use the space, community members who sign up for a specific time in advance, and keeping time open for community members to drop-in (as time allows)
- Balance scheduling based on community interest, as well as what aspect of the Story Studio people are most interested in at the time (video, music, art, writing).
- Schedule time for people to be able to access the Story Studio for the purpose of listening to stories.
- Maintain and build social media presence through regular posts and stories on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube (YouTube is dependent on if storyteller is comfortable having their video posted publically).
- Reach out to local ministries to teach about the Story Studio and invite ministries to use it.
- Build relationships and partnerships with different ministries and organizations who have expressed interest in the Story Studio (ie: Circles for Reconciliation, KeKiNan, EAGLE Urban Transition Centre)
- Maintain relationships with local youth; invite them to use the space
- Connect with ICYA staff and encourage them to use the Story Studio with community members that they connect with.
- Dedicate time to learn about different methods of sharing stories.
- Be knowledgeable in the different methods of storytelling. Teach and encourage others to try new methods and expressions. Methods include but are not limited to:
- Spoken word
- Music (Lyrical or instrumental)
- Creative writing
- Art (Drawing, painting, etc)
- Offer insight on what the storyteller can share about, as well as feedback on delivery as requested by the storyteller and as you see fit.
- General Studio Maintenance
- Ensure Story Studio equipment is in proper working order.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Story Studio, both the physical space as well as keeping electronic files organized.
- Keep supplied stocked.
- Cut clips of public videos for the Marketing & Communications Coordinator to post on ICYA social media, or for Director of Development to send to donors.
- Record radio voicing to be used on CHVN
- Cut clips of public videos and produce 60s Story Studio radio ads for CHVN using current template.
- Assist Marketing & Communications Coordinator in recording and editing content to be used for ICYA marketing and promotional reasons.
- Operate within the Lifestyle and Morality Standards of ICYA.
- Maintain a vibrant spiritual life and to seek to grow in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the reading of the scriptures, prayer, and personal discipleship.
- Allow time for the spiritual disciplines in their life. Quarterly retreat times for the purpose of prayer, fasting, and quiet reflection are encouraged. A personal mentor or accountability group is recommended as support in their ministry.
- Seek out training opportunities that will better equip them for the ministry.
How to ApplyPlease send resume and cover letter to Karen Jolly, Director of Programming, at firstname.lastname@example.org
122 total views, 1 today