Part-time Summer Children Sunday School Program Coordinator
Bethel Chinese Christian M.B. Church (in Vancouver) is looking for an adult or a mature university or college student to lead the development and delivery of their Sumer Sunday School Program for children ages 3-12.
The ideal candidate should have experience in childhood education, after-school programs, or camps as a project leader or program coordinator. Familiarity with, and experience in a church environment, is also an asset.
- Reviews curriculum options and develops the framework for the Summer Sunday School Program.
- Works with the KM minister, KM Committee, volunteer teachers/helpers to plan the lessons for the weekly Summer Sunday School program for children ages 3-12. (Sundays 10:00 – 11:30 am).
- Deliver the Summer Sunday School program every Sunday, with support from KM minister, volunteer teacher and helper.
- Communicates regularly with staffs, parents, and members of the congregation on Summer Sunday School plans and activities.
- Consults regularly with the KM Minister to ensure program activities complement and support wider church initiatives.
- Works with the minister to plan and organize the participation of the children in the occasional Sunday worship service and other special events in the church when required.
Education /Training and Skills
- Is a baptized lay person
- Christian Development training and/or experience related to children development.
- Experience working in leadership roles with children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people of all ages
- Excellent communication skills – both in-person and on-line
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to work independently
- Requires attendance at Bethel Chinese Christian M.B. church on ALL Sundays between 9:45 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Requires to spend time during the week to prepare for the Sunday program.
Terms of Employment
- The contract is for an average of 3 hours per week from June to August 2019.
- Salary is max $200.00 per month, depending on experience.
- Current Police Records Check is required.
- Desire Start date is June 2, 2019 with successful applicant.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
How to Apply· How your skills and experience relate to this position, · The church(es) you have attended, · A description of your experience or participation in those churches, and, · Your experience in working with children. To apply or to request more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
82 total views, 1 today