Part-time Tech Director (part-time, permanent)
WMB Church is a Christian covenant community with sites in Kitchener and Waterloo, Ontario, that is passionate about the creative expression of Christ’s mission in our neighbourhoods, city and world. We are called by God through Jesus Christ to make more and better disciples of all people by calling them to join us in responding to God’s love through repentance, baptism and love for God and neighbour.
Position Overview: As a support to the Worship & Arts and Communications departments, the Tech Director will work with a team of volunteers to deliver high-quality audio, video and lighting resources for on-site and web needs related to services and special events.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Pastor, Worship & Arts, develop a strong vision for and philosophy of tech ministry, considering multi-site needs
- Train, equip, empower, mentor, recruit and schedule (using Planning Center Online) a volunteer team of audio/video techs that can proficiently mix and record weekend and special services for on-site and web platforms
- Ensure that all areas of audio, video and lighting are managed throughout the building at all sites for weekend services
- Ensure that all areas of audio, video and lighting are managed for rental groups, funerals and weddings that take place in the sanctuary at all sites
- Manage all audio, video and tech equipment for all sites
- Work in collaboration with other tech team members in identifying, researching, recommending and managing tech projects, repair and maintenance needs and purchases of new equipment.
- Extensive experience with sound equipment and technology in a modern worship service environment (professional audio consoles, wireless systems, RF coordination etc.)
- Knowledge of video recording/editing equipment (PTZ cameras, Blackmagic Design ATEM HD TV Studio), for the purpose of capturing quality recordings outside of a studio setting
- Knowledge of lighting in the context of worship services (various professional intelligent and conventional fixtures) and lighting for video through the use of a digital console and software (Jands Vista2)
- Knowledge of presentation technology including Media Shout, professional projectors and Kramer switchers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Quick learner, proven problem solver and adaptable in stressful situations with tight timelines
- Able to express ideas well and inspire others to join and follow you
- Able to work with a diverse group of people, negotiating relationships professionally and lovingly while holding people accountable
- Reliable and personally responsible, performing work in a timely, consistent manner, arriving prepared for events and meetings and committed to doing the best job possible
- Ability to create compelling video segments (e.g. testimonies, ministry highlights, announcements) for worship services, web and social media an asset
- Must have a growing, personal faith in Jesus Christ and support the Confession of Faith of the Canadian Conference of MB Churches
- Must be, or be willing to become, a covenant Member of WMB Church
- Display strong moral character, honesty, humility and integrity
- Display a passion for enhancing worship experiences through tech
- Proven experience leading others and managing a multi-faceted AV department or ministry
Allotted hours per week: 20-22
Salary: $18,000 – $22,000
See the full posting here.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are invited to send a resume and one-page summary of interest by July 12, 2019, to: Reg Snyder Director, Operations & Finance, WMB Church 245 Lexington Road, Waterloo, ON N2K 2E1 Email: email@example.com | Phone: 519.885.5330 x225
28 total views, 1 today