Full-time Vice President External
Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President External (VPE). CMU seeks a visionary senior leader to provide overall direction to the advancement of this thriving university in the Anabaptist faith tradition through its external representation, relationships, and activities. The VPE has overall responsibility to guide the ongoing development and implementation of vision and activity for recruitment, resource generation, and community engagement through three departments: Enrolment, Marketing and Communications, Development (fundraising, church relations, alumni relations). The VPE is a senior administrator, reports to the President, and works in collaboration with other senior administrators to carry forward the mission, direction, and vitality of the University. The VPE also serves in an executive role alongside the President and, where appropriate, takes on tasks and projects for the University more broadly.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of CMU External planning, implementation, and personnel in accordance with the university’s mission, vision, and core commitments
- Provide clear, creative, and sensitive leadership to External Departments and their Directors, with attention to vision-setting, strategic planning, collegial support, and coordinated activities
- Encourage and model a synergistic flow across education activities, community relations, university operations, spiritual practice, and long-term planning
- Build and sustain external relationships, attuned to the interests and concerns of constituent church communities and society at large by:
- extending welcome to a growing diversity of surrounding communities and students
- initiating and co-ordinating programs, events, and forms of communication that
- increase awareness of CMU
- enable CMU to serve these communities effectively
- generate enrolment, investment, and a sense of collective ownership in CMU
Qualities and Qualifications
- Strong commitment to the mission of CMU, and to its service in church and society
- Master’s degree, and considerable experience with institutional leadership and administration
- Ability to motivate, inspire, lead, and supervise departments to work creatively and collaboratively at designing and implementing strategic plans and vision
- Exemplary inter-personal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated capacity to connect effectively with diverse external communities
- Understanding of post-secondary education in Canada and of CMU’s distinct contributions
- Membership in an Anabaptist Mennonite church congregation
- Flexibility for variable hours and for some travel within CMU constituencies
About Canadian Mennonite University
CMU is a thriving university in the Anabaptist faith tradition with a student body of 900 FTE. Located in Winnipeg, CMU’s Main Campus offers comprehensive undergraduate degree programs in Arts, Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences, Biblical and Theological Studies, Music, Business, and Communications & Media. Graduate degrees feature MBA, Peacebuilding and Development, and Seminary programs. CMU’s downtown campus, Menno Simons College, offers Conflict Resolution Studies and International Development Studies in affiliation with University of Winnipeg. CMU was chartered by the Province of Manitoba in 1998 and sustains close relationships with its founding church bodies and many other communities. CMU is a member of Universities Canada.
CMU Mission Statement
Canadian Mennonite University is an innovative Christian university, rooted in the Anabaptist faith tradition, moved and transformed by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Through teaching, research, and service CMU inspires and equips women and men for lives of service, leadership, and reconciliation in church and society.
CMU is further distinguished by four commitments:
- Educating for peace—justice
- Learning through thinking and doing
- Generous hospitality, radical dialogue
- Modeling invitational community
How to ApplyApplicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, contact information for three references, and a 500-word statement reflecting how their understanding and expression of Christian faith shapes their sense of personal and collective vocation. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. CMU is committed to employment equity. Applications should be submitted in confidence electronically to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com. Review of applications will begin 16 December 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date: 1 June 2021. Nominations or inquiries about the nature of the position may be directed to Dr. Cheryl Pauls, President: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about Canadian Mennonite University can be found online at www.cmu.ca.
243 total views, 3 today