This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
10 May 2019
Part-time Volunteer Coordinator
- Job begins in July 2019
- Volunteers play a large role in complimenting ICYA staff in living out our mission of bringing hope and future through Christ to at-risk youth and their families living in The North End. We want to ensure our volunteers are matched well with the roles given, that they are properly screened before placed in care of children and youth, that they are trained, equipped, and feel valued
- This role will involve approximately 20 hours per week.
- Develop a recruiting strategy for volunteers (commercials, advertisements, posters, brochures, etc.) and work within the allocated budget to have a year round strategy (e.g. Spring push for summer programs and camp volunteers, late summer push for club leaders, lunch program workers, etc.). Continue to promote the best method of recruitment—word of mouth.
- Volunteers should come both from supporting churches as well as from the local community.
- Maintain a relationship with local Bible Colleges for recruiting “Field Education” and other student volunteers (e.g. Field Ed. Opportunity Days, on campus visits for recruiting.)
- In charge of screening all police checks and child abuse registry checks for
- Ensure screening is completed on all new volunteers (i.e. application, interview,
reference checks, etc.)
- Ensure all volunteer information and requirements are kept up to date (i.e. police checks and training are current.)
- Coordinate regular volunteer training days (2-3 times yearly.)
- In conjunction with ICYA staff, help establish volunteer job descriptions.
- Help volunteers to understand the biblical principles that drive the ministry and promote a deep love for the people of our community.
- Meet with new volunteers to train and share vision.
- To identify topics and themes for training volunteers to accomplish their job (i.e. Abuse Prevention Policy.)
- To ensure that regular one-on-one meetings for the purpose of encouragement,
sharing vision, training, and building relationships are happening with either their immediate supervisor or the volunteer coordinator.
- Field any concerns or complaints about inappropriate volunteer conduct or lagging commitment levels. Recognition and thanks to volunteers.
- Communication with volunteers through appropriate means.
- Regular meetings with the ICYA General Manager for the purpose of evaluation,
supervision, and prayer.
- Prepare regular reports for board and council meetings, as requested
- The Volunteer Coordinator will need to seek out training opportunities that will better equip him/her for the ministry.
- Pursue an active and growing relationship with God.
- Operate within the Lifestyle and Morality Standards of ICYA.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will need to fully understand the positions that volunteers are being placed into. He/She should regularly spend time involved in youth related activities to maintain a connection with front line volunteers and to help keep perspective about our programs.
- Have an understanding of the various programs within ICYA and work towards
volunteer strategies that suit the various needs
How to ApplySend your questions / resumes to Dory Richards; firstname.lastname@example.org.
98 total views, 1 today