Part-time Worship Leader
Lincoln Glen Church is a church with a great history and even brighter future. We are about 100 people on a Sunday. We have a great location near the Willow Glen and Cambrian areas of San Jose. LGC is mostly made up of older people and some young families yet we have a very young staff (mostly under 35). We are looking to reinvent our music ministry with a new worship leader who can play a style that reaches younger generations while still being sensitive to older generations. The position is 10 hours a week and we can pay a stipend of $1,000 per month.
Lead the Worship Band
- Able to lead the worship band from guitar or keys.
- Lead the band (coach musicians, lead rehearsal, song transitions, etc.)
- Use Planning Center (or another service) to coordinate, collaborate and communicate with the worship band.
- Choose songs that glorify Jesus, teach sound theology and connect with younger generations.
- Recruit new band members (eventually building up a rotation of band members so the same people don’t play every single Sunday).
Lead the Media Team
- Create lyric slides (through Media Shout, Pro Presenter or other program) that are creative, clean, error free and help enhance the worship time.
- Schedule, train and recruit media and tech volunteers.
- Help maintain and upgrade media equipment.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who is growing in her/his faith.
- Exhibit a humble and gracious spirit.
- Be a team player.
- Trustworthy, timely and responsible.
How to ApplyTo apply please email the following to Tyler Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Your resume (please include all worship leading/ministry experience).
- A short paragraph on what excites you about leading worship.
- Another short paragraph explaining your philosophy/views of leading worship and your musical style.
- An audio or video sample of you leading worship (if you don't have a sample from a worship setting it can just be a recording of you playing/singing solo).
97 total views, 2 today