Part-time Youth Pastor
Youth Pastor is a .25 FTE permanent position at McIvor Avenue MB Church. The Youth Pastor is accountable to the church through the Lead Pastor. The Candidate confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and must be able and willing to support the vision and ministry of the Church. The expectation is that this individual (along with spouse if applicable) would become a member of the church.
- To actively engage youth in and around our congregation within the church’s vision of generations joining Jesus in the renewal of all things.
- Recruit, equip and develop leaders of the youth program by building relationships, leading by example and teaching.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with youth, youth sponsors and the parents of youth.
- Develop a ministry map that includes an overall strategy and vision for youth discipleship.
- Communicate youth program details and spiritual development of youth to parents
- Plan, in coordination with the youth sponsors, programming for youth events.
- Annual reporting to the church
- Participate in meetings with staff and Church Council as required.
- Manage the youth budget
- Perform all tasks associated with the undertaking of listed responsibilities
- Other duties as agreed to in consultation with Supervisor
- Spiritual Gifts:
- Discipleship training/mentoring
- Pastoral care (shepherding)
- Pastoral call: able to verbalize a God-given calling to vocational Christian ministry and articulate a theology/philosophy of ministry that shapes their pastoral engagement.
- Education: Theological Education (undergraduate degree preferred).
- Experience: demonstrated effectiveness in youth ministry, team and leadership practices.
- Church membership: able and willing, together with his/her spouse (if applicable), to become a member of the McIvor Avenue M.B. Church, and to support its mission and vision for ministry.
- Credentialing: must be ordained or credentialed (or be eligible) by the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. A minister credentialed in another denomination shall complete Mennonite Brethren credentialing requirements within the first year of ministry at McIvor Church.
Salary Scale as per MB Conference Grid – Pastor Scale
Please see Website for further details: www.mcivorchurch.com
How to ApplyPlease e-mail resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: Applications will be processed as received and the process will close when a successful candidate is identified.
199 total views, 6 today